Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We'll Try This


Dearest Everyone,


As you all know my Mom was diagnosed with invasive inflammitory breast cancer last week. It was suggested to me that using a blog during her treatment might be a great way to communicate new information and family needs to the larger community in a very efficient and first hand way. I am willing to give it a try. Please feel free to post messages back to us in this space or email me directly.


Here is what is happening to us this week. This week my Mom and Dad are touring around to various Corvallis medical establishments so that Mom can undergo a variety of tests. These tests will determine if the cancer has spread to other parts of her body. We will know the test results late this week.


We did get one good piece of news on Sunday afternoon. The doctor called to let Mom know that her blood work had come back all clear. The cancer is not in her blood.


It is after 7:00 pm and for me that means it is almost time to put the kids to bed and go to bed myself. It is a bit odd to be broadcasting information like this. I think I will have to warm up to it and see how much I feel safe letting out.


It would be cool if it worked.


Love, Emily

2 comments:

Lynnie said...

Well here I am. I don't know what I'm doing. How do people get invited to this blog?

Lauri Morris said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo We love you Lynnie!!