Thursday, April 3, 2008

Houses for Sale

I have been reluctant to write this week because every minute or so something changes. I do not want to be spreading information that has the potential to be wrong an hour or two later. Now that it is Thursday I feel that I have a few things to report.
I will start with the real estate news. Both Mom and Dad's house and Steve and my house are for sale. As I said before, we are planning on relocating together to a bigger beautiful house on Buchanan St. that sits on a town size mini farm of .5 acres. Mom and Dad have been working with an offer that was made on their house. Nothing is final yet in that situation. Steve and I just got our house listed yesterday after running through a few potential buyers that decided not to buy from us directly. We have great hopes of selling two houses in the near future!
A second piece of news is about a change in Mom's chemotherapy treatment. Originally Mom was told that she would have chemotherapy every two weeks. This schedule has now changed dramatically because of the particular kind of cancer that she has (H+ if that means anything to anyone). Now she will be having chemotherapy treatments every week on Tuesdays. She will start this Tuesday up at the hospital where they can monitor her as she has her first dose. This treatment can be very successful, but it is also hard on the heart while it is going on. She will have baseline heart tests done on Monday and then these tests will be repeated throughout her treatment to make sure that her heart is okay.
Next I want to report that Mom successfully had her "port a cath" put in today in a short surgery up at the hospital. This port is how the chemotherapy will be administered to her. The surgery was fairly short and everything went well, though she is now a bit sore.
Finally I want to thank everyone that has helped us out this past week. We had two great meals brought to us by Vicki and Bob and then Carolyn Dyer. Those were a tremendous help. Somehow we keep forgetting to feed ourselves and having some food brought solves that problem! Also, thank you to the folks who have dropped boxes off to us or allowed us to come pick up boxes. We are in packing mode and all the boxes that come our way will be put to great use.
Thank you to all of you once again. I appreciate all the comments and responses that you have left on this blog. They are uplifting to Mom and to all of us. I think this blog is already a success and I am devoted to keeping it up as long as it is useful to all of us.
Love, Emily

8 comments:

tom&carol said...

We're glad that the first step on the journey to recovery went well yesterday. It will be a long road, but taken one step at a time and with friends to help you along the way, you will reach your destination. God's grace be with you all.

I can help pack/move, if you need help evenings and weekends. Just let me know! carol

Ann&Bill said...

I was so hoping to read that both houses had sold! We should be here to help with the move.

I'm sorry the chemo will be so much but I'm glad they are treating it aggressively.

love,
Ann

Emily and Steve Herb said...

great new addition em, sorry to say the evan's house deal did not go thru, keep praying. the big prayer of the week is that my heart is strong for the chemo drug. thank-you everyone for all the love. Lynnie

Anonymous said...

Emily -- It is so comforting to read your blog -- it really does feel like our prayers are working a bit. Thanks so much for sharing; I know it's not easy. Depending on the time and day (and baseball/soccer stuff) I plan to be available to help move around the 15th -- count on it. I can also bring two young boys along (if you think that would help??). I would buy your house in a heartbeat if I could get my husband to look at it! :-) Maybe I still can. We'll keep the good thoughts coming Lynnie's and your family's way. Love, Janet

Anonymous said...

I don't wanna be rude... But if you promote your house through widecircles, you'll get the buyer faster than ever...


qqqq
http://widecircles.com

Freckles and Frogs said...

Greetings from La Grande! We are thinking of you all during this new journey for you! Ann passed along your blog and our pastor here at FCC in La Grande has kept us updated as well. Your blog is wonderful. We have such fond memories of our time in Corvallis and attending FCC. We are praying for you Lynnie and John and your entire family. Susan Peterson & Danny Aynes (and Noah and Ethan).

Lauri Morris said...

Thanks Emily for keeping us up to date!!

dawn said...

I can help with packing and moving and can be available most anytime.
Sorry the first offer didn't work out.
Dawn