Monday, April 21, 2008

Snowy Sunday





Yesterday morning I woke up at 5:00 am to see the snow falling and accumulating around my house here on the valley floor of Corvallis. What a strange spring with plenty of surreal experiences and the snow outside my window yesterday was one more.


Yesterday after dinner Mom, Dad, Steve, and I did some calendering. Here is a schedule of events for the moving process:


Thursday May 15 we close on the house on Buchanan St.

Saturday May 17 we will have a moving party and move into the Buchanan St. house.

Saturday May 24 we will have a garage sale. It will probably be a two day garage sale.


I will contact those of you who have offered to help me pack up these houses. I may not be ready for help until next week. When I do ask for help it will probably be Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 - 11:30 am. That is a time I have available when both kids are in school and I could actually get a good bit of packing done. Feel free to contact me if you read this and would like to help me out during one of those times.


We will need as many people as would like to help out on moving day. We will try our best to move everything on that one day. Pick-ups and other cars that can take our stuff the few blocks from Dixon St. or Division St. to Buchanan St. would be very helpful. We are two household moving into one. Because of this we know we have a lot of stuff to get rid of and we rejoice in the massive unburdening of STUFF that is about to take place. On the other hand, we still have plenty of STUFF to move and will need as much help as we can get.


We hope that this week Mom will just be able to deal with her next dose of chemo and not have to struggle with other health issues. She will go into the Neville Building on Tuesday morning to receive her next round of Taxol and Herceptin. So far, she is not loosing any hair or even noticing any thinning. She does experience different kinds of flu like feelings on different days and certainly tiredness.


Time for me to start my day.

Love, Emily

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just give the call or send me an email when you need some help... I have marked moving day on my calendar and we have a Explorer that can fit lots of boxes. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily and Lynnie, this is the first time I have seen the blog and just heard of the cancer last week. My heart cries for you at the same time I am celebrating your strength and the love of your family and friends flowing all around you. I am adding my prayers to that flow. It will be strong and sure, and along with God's love, hold you high and safe though this passage. Love Ruth

Pamella Doerksen said...

Emily: What about some Saturday meals May 3, May 10 and May 17 that can be heated in the Microwave and include some child friendly fresh vegies and cookies for those packing and moving days? Pamella

Anonymous said...

Appreciate so much the blog to know how you are all doing without calling while you are in the midst of all that is.

Praying with you today and each day.

Cathy Myers Wirt

Janet said...

Hey fam fam-

I know this is a tough road- But know that God walks beside you and carries you when you do not think you can walk any futher. You are not alone in this battle- there is strength in numbers and in prayers.
You have our prayers.
Love you ALL!
Janet and Joe Herb